Barcelona manager Ernesto Valverde has expressed his eagerness to work with Philippe Coutinho
Philippe Coutinho completed a £142m switch to Camp Nou after both Liverpool and Barcelona announced that an agreement had been reached, making the 25-year-old the second-most expensive player of all time.
The Brazilian has agreed a contract through to 2023 with the Blaugrana and Valverde is aiming to make the most of the attacker’s adaptability and ability to play in a range of positions.
“I think he can bring a lot to the team. He scores and sets up goals, and going forward he can help us a lot as he can play both inside and out wide,” Valverde told reporters after Barca’s 3-0 win over Levante on Sunday. “He is versatile and we can take advantage of his versatility.
“It is a signing that has been talked about for a long time, although it was not something I was keen to discuss. He is here now, and good luck to him, because if he has luck then it will be good for us.
“We will wait until I have seen him train for a day at least until we talk about (how Coutinho will fit into the team), it is true that I have seen videos of him playing in different positions, for Liverpool and for his country. But let’s wait and see. I hope he adapts quickly, although good players adapt quickly to any circumstances.”
- Philippe Coutinho Discusses Liverpool’s Defensive Failings Against Tottenham
- Harry Kane Good Enough To Play In Any Team In The World- Ronaldinho
- Atletico Madrid To Report Barcelona To Fifa Over Illegal Transfer Approach For Antoine Griezmann
- Klopp reveals how Coutinho’s transfer saga is affecting Liverpool
- Klopp Not Seeking Coutinho Replacement