Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, has said his players would not be distracted by the ongoing transfer saga surrounding Philippe Coutinho.
The Reds stood firm on Coutinho amid three big offers from Barcelona last summer. But the La Liga giants are reportedly chasing Coutinho again in January.
Speaking to the media ahead of Friday’s FA Cup clash with Everton, Klopp says all the chatter is not an issue for his players.
“They are professional football players. Sometimes they are in the middle of the story and sometimes they are sat next to the guy in the dressing room who is in the middle of the story.
“These young boys are used to this from a really early age and are used to ignoring things around them. If they are smart enough they ignore most of it.
“All the stories around are no problem. This story is not around since yesterday. It has been around since the summer and did you at any moment get the impression this team is distracted because of transfer rumours? No.
“We are focused on what we have an influence on. All the rest we have to ignore. It is clear there is a lot of excitement around,” Klopp said.
- Klopp Not Seeking Coutinho Replacement
- Tiemoue Bakayoko Should Be Judged Next Season- William Gallas
- Philippe Coutinho Discusses Liverpool’s Defensive Failings Against Tottenham
- Liverpool Leading Race To Sign Deportivo La Coruna Forward Pinchi
- Sampdoria Reject Atletico Madrid’s Bid For Lucas Torreira