Former Manchester United striker, Dwight Yorke, has revealed that former manager of the club, Sir Alex Ferguson, cannot see Jose Mourinho changing his style of play.
Yorke was speaking to Ferguson about the perception that Mourinho’s style is overly cautious and negative.
According to Yorke, who was speaking in his role as a pundit for beIN Sports, Ferguson thinks Mourinho will remain set in his tried and tested ways.
“He’s done that type of stuff as a manager throughout his career.
“He’s been very successful doing it this way. I had this conversation with Sir Alex last week, and he can’t see him changing because if you’re successful this way, why would you want to change?” Yorke said.
United have dropped points in their last two games with frustrating draws against Leicester and Burnley.
- EPL: Mourinho could sell Pogba like Salah, De Bruyne – Fowler
- EPL: Rooney reveals why Mourinho sold Mkhitaryan, speaks on Alexis Sanchez’s arrival
- Manchester United To Make £40M Bid For Malcom
- Manchester United vs Tottenham: Herrera speaks on ‘rift’ with Mourinho
- De Gea delays signing new Manchester United deal